Mausoleums
J. B. Ford mausoleum, 1893
 
Section: 1 Lot: 32
 
The mausoleum was popular among the wealthy in the 19th and early20th centuries. Here is one of the Cemeterys showiest, designed in an angular Victorian Gothic. The cupola contains colorful stained glass. The meaning of the three statues is not clear, though they may represent Faith, Hope, and Charity. Captain John B. Ford (d. 1903) made the first plate glass in Pittsburgh and co founded the Pittsburgh Plate Glass Company in 1881. Ford City, a town in Armstrong County where PPG has long had a plant, was named after him.